Tissot watches is a well-known Swiss brand that has marked the history of European and world watchmaking since the 1800s.
In this article, we will tell you something more about this brand, so you can fully understand all Tissot values.
Tissot watches, history
Tissot was born officially in 1853 in Le Locle, Switzerland. At the time, most of the people that lived there were specialized in the field of watchmaking and for this particular reason, Charles-Emile Tissot decided to found Tissot for the first time, spreading his precious pocket watches.
Charles Tissot made of the watches the most important part of his life, also by founding a school to pass on the art of the finest watchmaking techniques.
In 1907, because of the spread of electricity and electric machines, a new production site was established.
From the end of the first decade of the 1900s, Tissot began to industrially produce women's and men's wristwatches, starting to project the anti-magnetic Tissot watch.
- Starting from 1917, Tissot manages to become a completely autonomous manufacturer. The positioning strategies of the Brand were successful. Working hard to improve every day, Tissot is known even today for its excellent value for money.
- In 1930 Tissot and Omega merged to create the SSIH: Swiss Watchmaking Association.
- 1933 marks a new starting point for the Tissot house, thanks to the launch of Automatic, Mechanical and Chrono Mechanical models.
- In the 1950s, in addition to the new launch of their historical best seller, the Tissot Navigator, a new production model begins. In fact, thanks to the better accuracy of the production, the Brand could project and create even more precise machines.
- In the 70s and 80s Tissot also targeted e younger market by launching wide ranges of brightly colored watches, developing the use of innovative materials.
- The development of electronic watches threatened the world of the Swiss watchmaking in the mid-1980s. This hard time forced many Brands to merge, creating the Swatch Group and making it number one in the world.
Not only the Swatch Group became the number one Brand in the world, but it also launched some of the best known and loved Tissot watches. Some of these are:
- Rock Watch: model with case created entirely in Rock.
- Wood Watch: with wooden case.
- Pearl Watch: with a Nacre case.
After joining the Swatch Group, Tissot watches launches important lines such as the T-Collection and T-Touch. The first one offers more traditional and casual lines for women and sportier lines for men. The second one, instead, launches the first tactile watch in the world.
One of the reasons for the constant success of Tissot is the partnership with some of the most loved sports in the world. To name a few, Tissot watches has been the official timekeeper of the NBA since 2015, and of the MotoGP since 2001.
Almost all the Tissot models are made of Sapphire Glass (synthetic sapphire) and of 316L hypoallergenic stainless steel. Some others instead have cases and straps Titanium, made of 100% Swiss Made.
Rensi jewels of Padua (Veneto-Italy), has been offering this Swiss brand to its customers for several years. Thanks to its excellent value for money and its reliability, it has always satisfied the needs of all the customers.
In our online store and local store, you will find a wide selection of the Tissot watches catalog. The close collaboration with the Tissot brand has led us to have our own watchmaking laboratory, certified by The Swatch Group, level 3 for the Tissot, Longines, Rado.
Tissot Touch Collection
This family of Tissot watches offers multiple series with tactile glass:
- T-Touch and T-Touch II
- T-Touch Expert Solar
- T-Touch Expert Solar II
- T-Race Touch
These watches can be produced in: Steel, Titanium, Aluminum.
T-Touch and T-Touch II
With the following functions: EOL, weather, altimeter, chronograph, compass, thermometer, two alarms, backlight, time zone, perpetual calendar.
T-Touch Expert Solar and T-Touch Expert Solar II
It has the following functions: EOL, weather, altimeter, altitude measurement, compass, regatta, countdown, split times, lap times, two alarms, backlight, time zone, perpetual calendar.
Functions: EOL, compass, tide, split times, lap times, two counters for countdown, two alarms, perpetual calendar, time zone, backlight.
This family, depending on the version and functionality, has prices starting from around € 700,00 up to € 1150,00
Tissot T-Sport Collection
This collection of Tissot watches is made up of various models, but all of them have a common group of calibers. They are mainly composed of the following families:
- Chrono XL
- Gent XL
- PRS 516
- PRS 200
- PRC 200
- Supersport Chrono
- T-Race Cycling
This group of watches, present movements whose calibers are shared:
- Powermatic 80, Automatic Mechanical movement with power reserve that can reach up to 80 hours.
It is mounted on simple watches with 2 or 3 hands, with or without date.
- Swissmatic, Automatic Mechanical movement with power reserve that can last up to 72 hours.
Mounted on simple 2 or 3-hand watches, with or without date display.
- Quartz Chronograph With Chronograph system in 1/10 of a Second, in which we often find also the Date.
Automatic Mechanical Chronograph. Totally mechanical timing system, often the calendar is also present.
This family, depending on the version and functionality, has prices starting from around € 250,00 up to € 2200,00.
Tissot T-Classic Collection
Composed by a series of Tissot watches for men and women, which have always been part of the Tissot catalog, and which are regularly re-proposed and renewed.
This collection is made up of families with multiple models but they mount a group of gauges in common. These are the main families:
- Chemin Des Tourelles (Automatic Mechanical watches, 3 hands, Chronograph, skeletal)
- Le Locle Automatic (entry level automatic mechanical watches)
- T-Complication (Mechanical watches with manual winding)
- Luxury Automatic (Automatic Mechanical watches)
- Couturier (Quartz watches, 3 spheres, Chronograph - Automatic Mechanics, 3 spheres, Chronograph)
- Automatics III (Automatic Mechanical watches, 3 spheres)
- Bridgeport (Pocket Mechanical watches with manual winding - Quartz, 3 spheres - Automatic Mechanical, 3 spheres, Chronograph)
- Carson (Quartz watches, 3 spheres - Automatic Mechanics, 3 spheres)
- PR 100 (Quartz watches, 3 spheres, Chronograph - Automatic Mechanics, 3 spheres - variants in Titanium)
- Classic Dream (Quartz watches, 3 hands)
- Tradition (Quartz watches, 3 hands, Chronograph)
- Everytime (3-hand Quartz watches - Entry level Automatic Mechanics)
- Ballade (Automatic Mechanical watches, 3 spheres)
- Automatic T-One (Automatic Mechanical watches, 3 spheres)
- Everytime Swissmatic
- T-My Lady
The calibers are common to all these families of watches.
- Powermatic 80, Automatic Mechanical movement with power reserve of up to 80 hours. It is mounted on simple watches with 2 or 3 hands, with or without date.
- Swissmatic, Automatic Mechanical movement with power reserve that can last up to 72 hours. Mounted on simple 2 or 3-hand watches, with or without date display.
- Skeletonized Automatic Mechanical Movement.
- Quartz chronograph. With Chronograph system in 1/10 of a Second, in which we often find also the Dater.
- Automatic Mechanical Chronograph. Totally mechanical timing system, often the calendar is also present.
This family, depending on the version and functionality, has prices starting from around € 180,00 up to € 2200,00.
Tissot Heritage Collection
Vintage Collection, with retro design, Tissot men's and unisex watches, giving the possibility to those who love this style, to wear a real traditional watch.
The Heritage collection consists of four main lines:
- Heritage 1973 (Automatic Mechanical Chrono watch)
- Heritage Banana (unisex Quartz watch, rectangular with wide curvature)
- Heritage Navigator Anniversary (3 hands watch, Automatic Mechanical)
- Heritage Petite Second
- Heritage Port
- Heritage Memphis
This collection, in addition to the Quartz movement, uses conventional Swiss Mechanical Automatic movements with a power reserve of approximately 38 to 42 hours.
In addition to this collection of wristwatches, a pocket model with a gold case and precious decorations has been added, a mechanical movement with a power reserve of up to 42 hours.
This group of watches, depending on the version and functionality, has prices starting from around € 400,00 up to € 7900,00
Tissot T-Lady Collection
Collection of Tissot watches, created almost exclusively for women, offering a fashion but also classic style, with mini, normal sizes, up to the chrono for women. Part of T-Lady are variants embellished with Nacre dials, or with Diamonds.
This collection is made up of various models, the variants of which feature a common group of calibers. Here we have some of the most known:
- Lady Heart Automatic
- Bella Ora
- T-My Lady
This group of Tissot watches, mounts simple movements to Quartz, Automatic Mechanical, Quartz Chrono.
This collection, depending on the variants and functionalities, has prices starting from around € 200,00 up to € 2200,00.
This is one of Tissot's most classic collections, but probably one of the least known. T-Pocket is made up exclusively of pocket watches, which nowadays are used by true enthusiasts only.
This collection has prices starting from around € 170,00 up to around € 7900,00.
Collection of watches for men and women, with a classic design, made exclusively with 750/000 (18 Kt) Yellow or Rose / Red Gold cases.
This series of watches has prices starting from around € 1000,00 with the women's variant and Quartz movement, up to around € 4500,00 for the men's Automatic Chrono.
Rensi jewels of Padua (Veneto-Italy), customers will be able to view the Tissot watches, and assisted by our staff, they will be able to choose the model that best meets their needs.
Rensi jewels, always selects the best brands to offer to its customers, synonymous with reliability and safety.